The gas pool heater it is one of the most popular systems for heating the swimming pools. There is also gas spa heater installed in the spa centers that is very efficient and provides express heating and energy-efficient options. Depending on the pool and the climate you use, you might need some solar pool heaters or heat pump, if the gas pool heater doesn’t function well.
How it works?
- The gas pool heater works either on propane or on natural gas. The pump circulates the water in the pump and when is drawn into the filter, goes directly to the heater. The gas that is in the combustion chamber in the heater burns and generates the heat. The heat is then transferred to the water and returned in the pool again.
- It is efficient when the heater is used for some short period of file and when you want to heat the pool water quickly. It is also suitable for pools that are not used regularly and can maintain the needed temperature no matter the climate or the weather.
How to select the best pool heater?
When it comes to selecting the best pool heater for your pool, you need to take into consideration some facts, like the size of the heater, the efficiency and the costs.
The size of the pool heater
- The gas pool heating requires suitable heater that will be with appropriate size for your pool. In order to determine the size of the solar pool heating, you might probably need a professional that will take proper measurements and make specific analysis of the pool. The sizing of the pool heater includes some factors like the surface area of the pool and the difference between the average temperature of the air and the pool.
- Other factors that influence the sizing are the wind exposure, the cool temperatures at night, the heating load in the pools located outdoors and the humidity.
- The pools that are located in those places with higher average speed of the wind, cool temperatures at night and lower levels of humidity, will need larger gas pool heater.
- The heaters are rated by the British thermal unit and can range between 75,000-450,000.
How to calculate the heater size for outdoor pool?
- In order to calculate the size of the outdoors swimming pools you need to determine the temperature that you want. Then you need to determine the average temperature for the coldest season in the year in order to have warm water in the cold months. Calculating the surface area will be needed and will have to be done in square feet and then calculate the size by a given formula from the British thermal unit.
How to determine efficient pool heater?
The spa gas heater is different than the one for the pools. These heaters need to pass some energy-efficient test from the Btu output and an efficient heater is considered the one that uses $80 of heat for $100 of fuel.
Most of the pool heaters have their efficiency provided on the nameplates.
How to install it and maintain the heater?
- The proper installation of the gas pool heater provides the best efficiency. You need to hire some professional to do the installation and perform some maintenance tasks if needed.
- You can read the manual or the guide that comes within the package and find some useful information that will help you in the future maintenance.
- If installed properly, the heaters can last more than 5 years.
So, how can you provide the best heater for your home?
There are different types of heaters that provide these benefits and one of the best belongs to the Universal H-Series that are suitable for pools and spas. They provide comfort, ultimate performance and durability.
Another type of heater is the one from H-Series Millivolt that it is rust-resistant and provides instant heat of the water. Electric Spa Heater is another choice that you can install in your pool or spa and is featured with sophisticated components.
HeatPro Heat Pump provides excellent performance and efficiency and is extremely economical. It manages the temperature of the water at any time and is durable. Summit Heat Pump is among the best ones and provides plumbing connections which make it easy to install.
Providing the best heater for your spa or pool might be complicated, but these products are among the best and provide the best efficiency.