Termites are the wing-oriented insects that need to make colonies for a successful survival. Their survival is basically based on plants and wood. According to their destroying nature, they are also known as slow destroyers and if we talk about their appearance, they closely resemble with the ants and therefore also known as “white ants”. Termites are one of the creations of this world, so nature has given and put in them some benefits which facilitate the earth in many ways, yet these slow destroyers can also cause some serious hazards which are extremely disastrous.
- Almost 2000 species of termites are present in nature and there are about 40 different kinds of termites in America only.
- Termite’s body structure is consisted of six legs, wings and has a segmented body as they are insects.
- Colonies of the termites consists of swarmers and workers and soldiers. Swarmers have a duty of reproduction and are responsible for the plenty of the termites, while workers are assigned the feeding task of the colony. They are infertile and cannot reproduce. Soldiers defend the entire colony from intruders.
- Termites also infest into the materials that contain cellulose like paper, etc.
Three signs, to check the presence of termites
- Hollow-tubes at the bases
- Irregular patterns in the wood of your door, furniture and floor boards.
- Dryness in the wood causing erosion and start making the piles in the powder form.
As soon as you identify these signs and find the infestation of termites in your home or office, you must start taking steps to exterminate them. Looking for a local business that provides termite treatment and control in Diamond Creek would be the first step.
If you are looking for cheap-repairing of the furniture, you must learn to detect the early termite’s infestations signs. Nowadays, due to the advancement in technology, latest techniques and tools are being employed to exterminate these destroyers from the infected and infested area and proper exterminator teams have been formed.
There are some steps which must be employed to exterminate termites.
- Make sure you your home or office, dry
Termites always attack on damp and moist places. So, if you are to avoid termites and other pest infestation, make sure you are taking steps of making your home or apartment dry.
- Keep the wood away from your home
As termites feed on wood, so if any loose tree branches and trunks or firewood are placed near your home, try to throw that extra wood away from your home, so that they would not be able to enter your living place or home.
- Lock and seal all the cracks in your home
If you find any crack or empty holes in your furniture and windows, lock and seal all them. This is really an important and beneficial step if you are preventing your home from termites or pest’s entry.
- Give weekly treatment to your home
Use the products or sprays that contain Fipronil, at the boundaries of your home. Fipronil is the chemical that fights against pests and termites on weakly bases and it is one of the best preventive measures against pests and termites.
- Usage of pests and termites repellents
If you add a suitable and recommended quantity of a pest repellent to your paint or wood polish before you apply them on wall, presence of such repellents will minimize the chances of infestation of termites in your home.